Uncategorized

Getting Form 1905 from BIR

By  |

BIR Form 1905 is one of the documents you need to submit to your new employer so that your taxes can be transferred/remitted to the Revenue District Office (RDO) where your new employer remits its employees’ taxes.

To accomplish BIR Form 1905, you  need to go to the RDO office where your previous employer was filing your tax (Make sure you know your new employer’s RDO as well); ask for the Form 1905, fill it out in duplicate copies and get a Verification Slip. You may ask a BIR staff to instruct  you how to verify your records. As soon as you’re done with the verification, BIR staff will tell you that they will transfer your record to the new RDO and it will be available within 5 working days.  Be sure to get your copy of Form 1905 and submit it to your new employer.

See the list of the Revenue District Offices (RDO) below:

Revenue District Office No. 113A – West Davao City
Revenue District Office No. 113B – East Davao City
Revenue District Office No. 114 – Mati, Davao Oriental
Revenue District Office No. 115 – Digos, Davao del Sur
Revenue District Office No. 122 – Makati Large Taxpayers District Office
Revenue District Office No. 123 – Cebu Large Taxpayers District Office

Please call the BIR office at telephone # (02)929-7676 or (02) 927-2511 for more information.

78 Comments

1. Mike Harmon

July 20, 2009 at 1:30 pm

Hi. I read a few of your other posts and wanted to know if you would be interested in exchanging blogroll links?

2. Julie Labitag

July 21, 2009 at 5:24 am

Thanks. Sure!

3. Francine

July 21, 2009 at 4:12 pm

Hi! your post is very helpful! thank you. i’m currently completing my pre-employment requirements and i have no idea what to indicate on the reason for reg. update and details of the reg.update for the BIR form 1905. this is my first encounter with this form as it is only my second job. would you be kind enough to enlighten me what to indicate on the form and what requirements (if any) I’ll have to bring?? i’ll be super duper grateful! please! thanks a bunch!=)

4. Julie Labitag

July 22, 2009 at 2:43 am

Hi Francine, You don’t need to bring anything. Just make sure you know the RDO where your new employer is going to pay your tax. For example, my previous employer was filing my tax at RDO 26, and my new employer is going to file my tax at RDO 38. So, I went to RDO 26 to process transfer of my tax details to RDO 38. All I did was accomplished Form 1905, got verification slip from a BIR staff and had my records verified. BIR staff are helpful enough to assist you, just make sure you ask them:-)

God bless!

5. Francine

July 22, 2009 at 10:02 am

ok thank you very much ms. julie!

God bless you too!

6. rence

October 18, 2010 at 1:54 am

what is RDO ? and what if my previous employer is not filing any tax can i get a form 1905? thanks

7. Carisa may

April 4, 2011 at 8:11 am

hi ms.julie,i just have one quick question,actually its not a question,its clarification,.her’s wat happen,my first job was a service crew in mcdonald’s eastwood,and their rdo was registered in makato rdo 50,wen i transferred to sitel ojv in pasig last 2009 dey just asked as to fill up d 1905 form and they said dey will be d one who will process it for all of us,and den i just resigned from dem dis march 4 and applied in eastwood agen,luckily i got hired agen and d company asked us to process the 1905,its really new 2 me coz as wat i’ve mentioned earlier we didnt process it in sitel,so wen i went to pasig wer sitel ojv was registered i was so surprised coz they said dat im still registered in makati,.so i was realy confused at dat time,so i called bir in makati,rdo 50 and asked dem if theres anyway they can check if sitel is giving ol those taxes that they deducted me over 2 yrs.already,they said they dont have the record there and theres no way they can see if sitel gave those taxes they deducted from me,so dey just told me to ask cerficate of 2316 from sitel,from jan-dec of 2009,2010 and jan-march of 2011,,pls help me im realy confused..

8. Julie Labitag

April 4, 2011 at 11:31 pm

Hi Carisa,

I think the best thing to do is ask form 2316 from Sitel to verify if they really remitted your taxes and ask them which RDO were they remitting it to, in that way, you will find out the truth and you can transfer rdo once you get to know the info from your previous employer

I hope it helps. Cheers!

9. Rhea

April 28, 2011 at 5:51 am

Hi,

Just a clarification. I called BIR this morning to verify my TIN and my RDO and they said that my TIN is registered at RDO 53. Next, I checked my 2316 given to me by my current employer and it said there that my TIN’s RDO code is at RDO 49. I’m in the process of completing my requirements on my new company and they want me to change my current RDO to their RDO.

My question is, to where shall I go file my 1905? To RDO 53 or RDO 49? Your reply is much appreciated. Thanks! :)

10. Julie Labitag

April 28, 2011 at 11:00 pm

hi Rhea,

Thanks for posting your question. You need to go to RDO 53.

Cheers!
    Julie

11. Jayzon

May 12, 2011 at 2:31 pm

Just want to have some clarifications.I transferred to another company and they ask me to change my bir registered address since the address was on my old company. They require me to go to RDO 49 and change the RDO 50 to RDO 49 but I informed them that I will not go to the BIR and I will just widraw my applications if they insist.( I still have my options sice I was also selected by two other company I applied)
    My question is who will be the one to process or file my 1905 form to the RDO.As per BIR Revenue Regulations 5-2010, it should be the responsibility of the employer.

12. Julie Labitag

May 13, 2011 at 12:56 am

hi Jayzon,

It’s the responsibility of the employer to pay the taxes but it is your responsibility to transfer your tax record. All employers will tell you to submit the form 1905 to them. There’s no exception.

Cheers,
    Julie

13. Stephen

May 15, 2011 at 11:20 pm

hello!

i’d just like to ask. I have a tin number but i don’t have any previous employment whatsoever. I’m applying for my first job. do i still have to take care of the 1905 form? or just the form 2305?

also if ever i need to file the form 1905, do i just submit the forms to the old RDO and they’ll take care of it or do i also have to go to the new RDO and submit the form myself?

thanks for the time! more power to your site! =)

14. Julie Labitag

May 21, 2011 at 11:49 pm

hi Stephen,

You don’t need to go to the new RDO. The old RDO will take care of it.

Cheers,
    Julie

15. Stephen

May 22, 2011 at 7:40 am

thanks julie! sorry for the double post. i thought my first post wasn’t posted. i didn’t know it has to be moderated first. you can delete the second one. lol. thanks again! =)

16. Julie Labitag

May 23, 2011 at 10:21 pm

you’re welcome, Stephen. OK, i’ll delete it. not a problem

17. april

June 1, 2011 at 1:13 am

great short concise and helpful blog in here. found this reading really helpful. thanks. continue your great work. God bless.

18. april

June 1, 2011 at 1:30 am

oh another quick way to change rdo code is to just call the rdo office. no need to go, the staff was very accommodating polite and fast. have just called the rdo office number and got my rdo code changed right off the bat without the hassle of going to their office.

19. Max

June 1, 2011 at 2:46 pm

Question! I worked for 2 companies with the same rdo. I applied at a 3rd company however I did not declare my 2nd company in my application. I was accepted in the 3rd company but I am now afraid they’ll find out I did not declare my 2nd company once I process form 1905. Will the verification slip contain the name of my 2nd company? I sound a bit shady but I’m only trying to do the best wih what I have considering the circumstances. Thank you!

20. Julie Labitag

June 1, 2011 at 7:34 pm

That’s sounds great, April! Thanks for the info. It’s very helpful.

21. Julie Labitag

June 1, 2011 at 7:37 pm

Hi Max,

I’m sorry but I have forgotten how Form 1905 looks like so I can’t tell if it contains the name of the company where you previously worked.

Whatever your reasons for not declaring your previous company, I hope it’s for the best :-)

Cheers!
    Julie

22. lovely

June 2, 2011 at 1:10 pm

..hi julie i would like to ask if bir will accept the update for my 1905 if i will let a representative to submit the form? coz im currently undergoing training..what are the requirements?thanks a lot..

23. Rogelio Verra

June 18, 2011 at 6:42 am

Good article information. Its posts like this that I will bookmark it to promote on the net because its properly composed.

24. Denise Siazar

August 26, 2011 at 2:43 pm

Hi Julie! Thanks for this blog, it’s really helpful.:) I’m confused, need help! My new employer is not requiring me to change RDO. They told us we could retain our old RDO if we prefer. My old RDO is 052. The company’s RDO is 053B. My question is, won’t I encounter problems with my taxes since all my records are still at 052 and the new company’s RDO is 053B? or is this okay as they said? i really don’t have time yet to go to my RDO, so I won’t go yet unless I really have to.. thanks in advance!

25. Rusty

September 2, 2011 at 2:29 pm

Hi, I would just like to ask. My previous RDO is at north Makati which is RDO 49 and was transferred to RDO 80 at Cebu. Is there any faster way I can update my RDO without going to RDO 49 office? The fax number they give me would not receive fax.

Can you please enlighten me?

26. Anthony

September 16, 2011 at 1:22 pm

Hello guys, I just want to ask – gano katagal yung processing para sa changing of RDO? Tama ba na yung isang copy nung 1905 , yun yung ibibigay mo sa present employer mo ? Matatapos kaya sya in one day ? From Bulacan pa kasi ko, it so happen na sa Pasig yung previous employer ko and that I need to change my RDO to Makati’s. Thanks !

27. Julie Labitag

September 17, 2011 at 11:51 pm

Hi Anthony,

base on my experience, 1 day lang sya. Kpag napuntahan mo na ang old RDO at nacomplete ang form na kelangan i fill out at ma-sign ng dpat mag sign sila na ang bahala mag transfer ng record sa new RDO. isa lang tlga ang gagawin mo, go to the RDO where your previous employer filed your taxes. easy as that.

Cheers!
    Julie

28. Anthony

September 18, 2011 at 9:50 am

Thanks Julie, super naliwanagan ako I thought it will be a tough one.

29. rio

September 21, 2011 at 8:26 am

ask ko lang po, my new employer is asking me to complete a 1905 form, and im abit confused…on my previous work i am a minimum earner and i dont pay taxes but they filed a 1902 for me…my question do i still need to complete 1905 bcoz i already have tin number even i still dont pay taxes yet? thanks!!

30. Desi Marie Enage Sapnit

October 4, 2011 at 4:22 pm

hi.. thx 4 ur info. most of my local employment has just been @ 1 area, so i didn’t notice an rdo’s until gettin’ a new job in ortigas.. shucks, it’s a bit of a hassle, but gotta be done.. * i still gotta figure out really to w/c bir office for 50 should i go to.. if it’s possible you know the answer, i’d be happy to receive your reply.. thx again n all the best to everyone..

31. Elizabeth Egan

October 12, 2011 at 3:32 am

Good day Miss Julie,

I want to ask if when is the right time to change RDO? Since I am still working for my current employer (116) until Nov27 2011. My soon to be new employer (050) is requiring me to change my RDO as early as now until Nov 25 2011. My concern is if I change it today my records would be updated then I would already be registered to 050 for the month of November? But I am still working for my current employer (116) until Nov25 2011. Wouldn’t that reflect that I am registered already to 050 even though I am still working for 116? How will my current employer file my taxes for November then?

Hope you can help me I am really confused.
    Thanks!

32. arial

December 12, 2011 at 12:38 pm

hi ms.julie and thanks for the information. ask ko lang po kung pwede representative ang mag process ng 1905? if i have it accomplished and signed na, may iba pa bang ssignan on the site except for the 1905 form? thanks po, hoping for your reply..

33. dax gomez

February 26, 2012 at 10:28 am

Hi Julie,

May I ask what if my rdo is registered in cagayan de oro and I am in manila and transferred companies? do i need to go to cagayan de oro?

34. Jehan Hildegard Capco

March 2, 2012 at 11:19 am

Good evening! Ms. Julie would like to ask I am in the process of updating my rdo from RDO 052 Paranaque to RDO 045 Marikina and new rdo said i should also update my status referring to my maiden name to my married name, my question is at the upper part of the BIR 1905 form should i write my maiden name and my previous rdo? next is , on what part of the form should i indicate the change/ update in my surname is it right to indicate it under letter k -for other changes part at the back of the form is it necessary to attach marriage certificate? or what are the requirements?

Thanks in advance and more power

Jehan Capco

35. Randy FR

April 4, 2012 at 9:41 am

Hi. I find this blog very helpful. especially now that i need to transfer from one RDO to another.

Thanks a lot.

36. LAILANIE GUILLERMO

April 19, 2012 at 9:12 am

verify my record.

37. gladys

April 28, 2012 at 6:35 am

Hi Ms. Julie…I read several comments… but problem is unique. My problem right now is that after being employed, I put up my own business. After 2 years, it closed down. Now I am preparing to be employed again. Since my personal TIN became a business TIN, it is so hard to transfer RDO, a lot of documents are needed i.e. affidavit of closure, clearance….which I lost, two years ago!

38. Anne

June 25, 2012 at 5:01 am

Hi Ms. Julie,
    Just like to ask what to do if the old and the new employer are of the same RDO. What nature of change do I need to fill-out? Thanks.

39. Julie Labitag

June 26, 2012 at 11:23 pm

Hi Anne,

I think you don’t need to fill out form 1905. Please ask the HR Dept at your new employer’s office.

Thanks!

40. Alyssa

July 13, 2012 at 11:22 am

Hello :)

Is it possible to ask another person to file BIR 1905 for me?
    Will they be needing an authorization letter?
    Thank you.

41. Carlyn

September 3, 2012 at 3:44 am

Thank you so much julie.. this site is really helpful

42. lt

September 18, 2012 at 11:04 am

I would just like to clarify, my new company gave me 3 copies 1905. The first one i submitted to my OLD RDO the second one i submittted to our HR. What do i do with the 3rd one??? is it for my copy or do i have to submit it to my NEW RDO??? regards!!

43. Mike Leprido

October 7, 2012 at 7:54 pm

44. Mik

October 25, 2012 at 7:19 am

Hi Ms. Julie,

Is it possible to transfer my RDO even if I’m currently employed? By the way I’m just serving my one month notice since I applied my resignation.

45. Julie Labitag

October 26, 2012 at 12:25 am

Hi Mik,

It’s better to ask BIR po directly. Thanks!

46. Julie Labitag

October 26, 2012 at 12:27 am

Hi It,

Yes, the 3rd copy is for your file. Thanks!

47. madel rillon

December 4, 2012 at 12:25 am

gud am, h0w l0ng is the transfer of RD0?

48. Julie Labitag

December 11, 2012 at 12:22 am

Hi, it depends how soon the BIR officials in the your previous RDO can process it. For me, it tooke me less than 3 hours.

49. jacque

December 16, 2012 at 11:10 am

hi!I hope u could help me out…how do i process bir 2305 and 1905…im currently processing my pre employ recqmts and i was told i should personally accomplished these forms…kinda clueless…hope u could shed some light…hehehe…ty n gb!

50. Charles Jeffs

January 17, 2013 at 6:47 am

Is it absolutely necessary for me to transfer my RDO?
    what benefits are there for me?
    Thank you for the advise.